MD/PhD Program Retreat (July 21-23)|
Retreat Photos: http://wfu.mudphud.org/photos.php?page=2
Summary of the event:
- Students arrived Friday night, Dinner at Fat Tony's with drinks at Rum Runners
- Some students reported rare ailment termed "Fat Tony's revenge."
- Saturday meeting began with Grant Writing intro by Drs. Paul Laurienti and "Cash" McCall
- Student Presentations by: Kim Blish, Matt Schindler, Lan Coffman, & Eric Hudgins
- Dinner on the ocean-front patio
- Late night "liver rounds" presented on the beach
Announcement: If you'd like to join us for an unofficial lunch out with Kyle and Kristin- plan on NEXT TUESDAY, 6/13, noon. Meeting and eating places TBD. Anyone have any ideas?
Idea for something fun: How about a Warthogs game some evening soon? Talk to Matt if interested.
MD-PhD Student Association Meeting
Tuesday June 6
12 noon- 1pm
Hanes 3043 - Biochem conference room
RSVP to Sherrie at firstname.lastname@example.org
MD-PhD Program Retreat
The 1st Annual MD-PhD program retreat will be July 21-23 at the Blockade-Runner in Wrightsville Beach, NC. We plan to have a grant-writing workshop and student presentations on Saturday morning, with
April 28-30 - Students attended the 2nd Annual American Physician Scientists Association (APSA) meeting. Chicago, Il (Link)